The Certified Registered Massage Therapist Association (CRMTA) is a professional association for RMTs in Alberta.
CRMTA members enjoy many benefits, such as high quality, professional liability insurance coverage for the most competitive price. We also offer a range of Membership Options and excellent Membership Benefits.
Encourage and foster recognition and enhanced credibility of Massage Therapists as professional, qualified and competent health care practitioners.
CRMTA strives to foster public confidence in the health benefits of Massage Therapy, and promote the profession and establish standards of practice for the province of Alberta.
- To carry out this organization’s activities and govern its members in a manner that protects and serves the public interest;
- To provide direction to its members regarding the practice of the profession of Massage Therapy by its members;
- To establish standards for registration with The Certified Registered Massage Therapist Association (CRMTA) and of continuing competence and standards of practice of the profession of Massage Therapy by its members;
- To establish a code of ethics for its members;
- To approve programs of study and education courses for the purposes of setting the requirements for registration in the CRMTA.
- To assist with and provide ongoing support for professional growth and the ongoing education among its members;
- To be a resource for members to help them share experience, information and best practices within Alberta and other recognized provinces.