Want to apply to become a member of The Certified Registered Massage Therapist Association?
Graduates from Alberta, other areas of Canada and other Recognized Post-Secondary Education Programs may apply for membership with the CRMTA.
The CRMTA offers several different Types of Memberships and excellent Membership Benefits. To learn more about what you need to apply, scroll down this page. Download the Application form and mail it in to apply now! Your application will be reviewed by the CRMTA board and you will be notified of your application status once your review is complete.
What you need to Apply
All CRMTA applicants with the exception of the Affiliate Membership must have the following documentation to apply:
- Official transcripts* (in English) of your 2,200 hour Massage Therapy course or if you are attending a program of more than 2,200 hours, please attach a letter from your educational institutional indicating:
- you are currently enrolled in the program
- the date you are expected to graduate
- Standard First Aid and CPR Level C Certification from an issuing authority recognized by the Association.
Complete list of Approved First Aid Training Courses.
- Evidence of being a Canadian citizen or a person lawfully permitted to work in Canada or, if a student, to study in Canada;
- A current criminal record check, including a vulnerable sector check.
Applicants from Outside of Alberta
If you are transferring to Alberta from another Province, or transferring from another association, The Certified Registered Massage Therapist Association requires correspondence from the Regulatory College or Association confirming that your registration/membership is in good standing and that you have no outstanding complaint or disciplinary actions filed against you.
Official transcripts* are defined by the CRMTA as transcripts in English (or translated into English) from a recognized Massage Therapy institution.